Get ready for yet another Pokémon GO community day featuring Magikarp. This is not the first time that Magikarp is being featured in the community, and has made multiple appearances before. This time, Niantic is again bringing Magikarp on the community day even though there are hundreds other Pokemon which can be featured on the community day instead of this fish. Being featured multiple times in previous community days, the value of this Pokemon has lowered to a great extent. Many trainers have already caught multiple Magikarps and already evolved them into the big bad dragon, Gyarados. Even there are a lot of trainers holding shiny Magikarps and Gyarados which are just lying around and consuming the Pokemon storage. It is already announced by Niantic, so there is nothing that can be done, and catching more Magikarps is the only option left for many trainers. Let us talk about the Magikarp community day is a bit more detail.
Pokémon GO Community Day August Timings
Recently Niantic took social media and push notification to announce the upcoming Pokémon GO Community Day in August. As already discussed, the Pokemon that will be featured is Magikarp. The August Community Day will take place on August 8, 2020, between hours 11:00 (11 a.m.) and 17:00 (05:00 p.m.) local time. So any trainer living anywhere in the world will be able to participate in the community day at the given date and time.
Get Gyarados with Aqua Tail
One exciting thing for all the trainers who are eyeing up for the upcoming Pokémon GO August community day is that any Magikarp that will be evolved during the event, will be evolved into a Gyarados with Aqua Tail move. It is simple as that and provides all the trainers who still do not have any Gyarados to, first evolve a Magikarp into Gyarados, and second, the Gyarados would know Aquatail.
Also See: Pokémon GO Adventure Sync Ultimate Guide
How to get Shiny Gyarados
One Pokemon that nails the shiny form is the Gyarados. I’m not saying that other shinies do not look appealing, but the Gyarados with its mean look and structure look even deadlier in the shiny form. To get a shiny Gyarados, one sure shot way is to catch as many Magikarps as possible during the community day time frame. By doing this the chances to encounter and catch shiny Magikarp increases to a great extent. After catching the shiny Magikarp you can easily evolve it into a meaner look Shiny Gyarados. Although you must know that encountering a shiny depends upon your luck and it is said that every 1 in 50 Pokemon that you encounter during the community day has very much chances of being a shiny Pokemon.
Pokémon GO Community Day August Bonus and Rewards
The community day will be taking place in the coming few days and you must be well prepared if you are serious about getting a shiny Gyarados with the aqua tail. Many trainers still do not have any Gyarados due to the huge amount of candies required to evolve a Magikarp into this beast. As already discussed, evolving a Magikarp during the community day time frame will make it evolve into a Gyarados with Aqua Tail. There are other rewards which trainers will be getting such as:
- 3x Catch Stardust Bonus on catching each Magikarp, meaning you will get 3 times more stardust on catching a single Magikarp during the event.
- Every incense would last 3 hours. This means you will only need to use two incense during the 6 hour community day event to bag in some decent amounts of Magikarps and their shiny forms as well.
- A special research story “Research a Splash” would yield rewards.
- Some event-related field research tasks related to Magikarp.
How to Prepare for Pokémon GO Community Day August?
If you are a trainer who still is not able to evolve any Magikarp into Gyarados, or not even caught a Magikarp in the first place then this community day event is for you. During the community day, the spawn rate of the featured Pokemon is increased and the chances to encounter and catch a shiny specie of that Pokemon become much higher. It all comes down to how many featured Pokemon you catch during the time frame. There are a few important tips that you must follow to get the most out of this upcoming community day.
- Remove unwanted Pokemon and make some room for Magikarps. You could catch multiple max IV shiny Magikarps that you want to keep for later. So having some decent bag space becomes quite crucial.
- Every time you catch a Magikarp, quickly appraise it to check the IV. Keep it if its 95% or more. And, transfer if anything lower than that. As the community day will be a 6-hour long event so the chances of catching multiple 100% Magikarps becomes easier.
- Have plenty of Pokeballs, because without them you cannot catch any Magikarp. So if you are low on Pokeballs, make sure that you stack up more Pokeballs before the event.
- As discussed above, if you will evolve a Magikarp during the community day time frame, you will get a Gyarados with Aqua Tail move. Know that even if you evolve the Magikarp 2 hours after the community day ends, you will still get a Gyarados with Aqua Tail. But anything late than that would be a regular one.
- Before the community day event check if there is any update of the Pokémon GO application, if there is an update then do it, and the other important thing is to fully charge your phone to avoid any interruptions during the event.
Pokémon GO Community Day of August is featuring Magikarp and this might or might not please many trainers out there who have been waiting for another community day. Thus it comes down to the personal choice of a trainer whether to participate in the August community day or not. If you already have a shiny Gyarados with decent enough IV, then you might want to skin on this event, if not then Good Luck!